It is a fantastic opportunity for you to help your favorite charitable organizations, when you shop on Amazon.com. It costs you nothing more! When you buy at smile.amazon.com, you will see the same goods sold at the same prices. For our supporters, Amazon will donate a part of the proceeds to us.
Organizations can increase the number of donations by spreading the word about this opportunity. It's a great time to remind supporters to shop for items they need. As a bonus, they can also feel good about helping organizations in their local community.
Instead of visiting amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com and shop as usual! Don't forget to bookmark the page so you can find it easily the next time!
There are millions of store items that qualify for the donation. On the product information page, look for goods tagged "Eligible for AmazonSmile contribution."
You use the same Amazon account. All your account settings will remain unchanged.
Amazon will give 0.5 percent of the purchase price of your eligible purchases to a charitable contribution of your choice. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item, less any rebates, and excludes shipping and handling, gift-wrapping costs, taxes, and service charges.
The short answer is no. The AmazonSmile Foundation makes the donations, which are not tax-deductible to you.
All you have to do is follow the directions in the steps numbered below. Amazon will remember your purchase selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation. It's quick and easy to use.
1. Visit the website AmazonSmile
2. Next, log in with your existing Amazon user name and password.
3. In the link provided, we are already selected as the default organization you wish to contribute to when making purchases.
4. Go shopping and purchase your favorite items as usual.
5. Upon completing the checkout process, a portion of your total purchase will be donated to TLCS in Miles City, MT. It's that simple.